Monday, September 12, 2005

A real guitar- at last!!!


Ok so my weekend:

Well Friday evening was choir and youthgroup as normal. Except that rather than a wonderfully off-key accapella singsong in youthgroup we actually had a guitar!!! The guitarist is a guy called Philippe who goes to the university and has just got back from hols. It looks like he normally does a bit of strumming for the group. It was fantastic just to hear a guitar but Phillippe is actually really good. As soon as he started playing I got a huge wave a home sickness and had to leave the room for a bit for fear that I would burst into tears (just to explain for those that haven't even been to my house- EVERYONE in my family can play at least a bit of guitar and you can normally here someone playing around the house. I hadn't realised just how much I'd missed it). But five minutes later I was fine again and went back to sing my little heart out.


Saturday afternoon I hopped on a tram to the Cafe des Image to watch War of the worlds. Now Jon (who saw it when it came out in the UK) had warned me that there is alot of blood, but gore doesn't tend to bother me so I was quite happy to see it. However he failed to mention just how carry the film is!! Now if you have seen the film please feel free to call me a whimp but I was sitting there curled up in a little ball wishing I hadn't gone by my self. However it is a really good film and by the end I had got over my fear and ended up really enjoying it.


Now the film was a 4:30 so finished at about 6:30 but my small problem was that I had a party to go to at 7. I knew if I was to be even vaugly on time I would have to go straight from the cinema- what's the problem you ask? Let me explain. Well the theme of the party was the 60's and Armelle (who bithday it was) wanted up all to dress up in 60's clothes. OK so what are the 60's famous for? The mini skirt of course. Yes I had gone out and bought myself a bright green skirt for the occasion. When I finally get some photos up you will probably think that the skirt is not really that short, but for me it was way too short for anything other than a night out or a party. So, I must have looked rediculus but I went off to the cinema with my outfit already on and my sarong wrapped round my waist providing a nice long skirt. And at the end of the film I nipped into the loos to put on a bit of make-up and add the finishing touches before heading to the party (still had the sarong on though- that didn't come off till the very last minute).


As I was walking down the road I was praying that everyone else would be as dressed up as I was. When I got there they weren't! However Armell and her family were all dressed up and as I walked in they all beamed and said "See Sarah understands what we were on about" so I was glad I'd made the effort. The party was a hoot, everyone was dancing and chatting and we all sat down for a nice little mis-matched party meal, then got up and danced a bit more. It was just loads of fun.


Then sunday it was church and then choir practice. Several of us have been thinking that 'Before the throne of God above' is not really the best song for the choir. But for some reason rather than scrap the song Armelle descided to cut down the size of the choir for that particual number. I did point out that there are plenty of nice english songs that the choir could all sing together but she likes that one so it looks like it is staying! Afterwards Josine, Philippe and I stayed behind to sing through some of the songs from the Hungry CD (UK Vineyard). I can only remember like three chords from a couple of the songs but Philippe has a good ear and was soon picking out most of the chords on the piano (oh yes he plays piano as well). So we spent a good hour or so singing our way through the songs before we decided it was probably time to head home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home