Monday, September 05, 2005


*Singing* I get my computer back tonight, I get my computer back tonight, I get my computer back tonight *Singing* - well hopefully (cross fingers). It is now the end of the 8 days I was quoted and I haven't had a call to tell me anything different so I'm assuming that it will be all ready for me to pick up after work :) It has been a very different kind of week with out it. The main difference has been music. The vast majority of my music is on my computer and without it I have been reduced to the radio. Now much as I like Europe 2 (the radio station I have been listening to) there is not enough cheesy pop played- and plenty on my comp!!! hee hee.


Well even without my faithful computer this weekend has been rather good.

Friday we had a choir practice and we started learning a little medley of songs that Nina and Armelle had put together. It ended up with us all practically rolling around on the floor in fits of giggles at the various ideas we came up for it (including a line dancing bit!!! LOL). I went home with very sore sides but very happy.


Saturday was sunny (ish) when I woke up but I decided to go with shorts rather than trousers anyway, and how glad I am that I did. The day turned into a scorcher!! Caen has a little trail of information boards taking you across the city so I though I would follow them to see if I took me anywhere I haven't been yet. I managed to find most of them but I got a bit bored halfway through and decided to wander on my own. Having already visited one beautiful church on this trail I decided to head towards the nearest spire and have a look (also old churches are great in the heat coz the stone keeps the building nice and cool). I found a church that made me think of the secret garden. Once my comps back up and running I will download the pics from my camera and post the up so you can see). The fount entrance was almost completely covered in ivy and it just looked like a lost treasure, hidden away. The new wooden door and the obvious building work going on showed that it wasn't forgotten but it just gave that impression. Kind of like Cair Paravel when the kids discover it in Price Caspian (confused? read The Narnia books and you'll know what I mean). Newho from there I discovered a little hidden path winding through some old archways and behind statues. At the end of the trail I realised I might have been on private property but no one saw me so it was all OK. It was soooo much fun. I felt like a little explorer in an Enid Blyton book or something!

After all my adventuring I wandered to the park near the Foyer, spread out in the sun and read my book. I had popped into the fnac (local equivalent to HMV or something) and picked up a couple of Agatha Christie books. It is lovely lying out on the grass until about 8 o'clock in the evening and it still being really warm. Oh I went home for some food at one point but wandered back to the park afterwards.


Sunday I got up a bit early and headed out to the market. Bought a bunch of carrots and some peaches, stashed them back in my room and then headed for church. I have to say that I didn't follow the service much this week so I sat and read Ecclesiastes instead! After the service a few of the youth stayed and had lunch at the church. As it is term time again a number of students have now returned. It's quite nice having only a few new people to meet at a time. They all got very excited and laughed and joked around allot (as friends who haven't seen each other for a while are rather prone to do). It didn't make it much harder to understand anything as they all spoke very quickly and often at the same time as each other. But hey I'm kinda used to that! hee hee.

Sunday afternoon there was no choir practice so I donned my trusty shorts and wandered back to the park. This time however it was not to sunbathe- it was just far too hot for that! So I found a handy bush and settled in the shade of that. Come 7 o'clock though I headed back as there were some ominous looking dark clouds moving in. Good thing I did really as there was a MAHUSIVE thunder and lightning storm about half an hour later. So I curled up with an old copy of Empire read a bit of that and called my Daddy (who is no very well at the mo- has had bronchitis for the past two weeks). Then bed :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home