Tuesday, August 23, 2005


Well today's weather is completely the opposite to yesterdays. It was gloomy and cloudy in the morning (so of course I wrapped up) and now it is a beautiful blue sky with fluffy little white clouds. It is very strange.


So my latest project is trying to get internet in my room. I was always planning to do it but then discovered the broadband here at work. Unfortunately for me Philips have just decided to resrict certain internet sites, to free up bandwidth, stop employees browsing when they shouldn't and remove any naughty sites. So all the little things that I used to use (such as MSN and web messenger) now don't work. It is a bit annoying.

I asked Cathrine yesterday how to get internet in my room, but all she could say was "Yes it is possible but I have no idea how it works. Ask Brigitte" So I have to wait until wednesday evening to find out what I need to do. I think I'm going to have to get a new cable as well- I have the weirdest phone socket ever in my room (plus I only have my ethernet cable here- think I left my dial up cable on the shelf next to the phone in my house in guildford)

Thankfully though geocities has not been blocked (at the moment) so I can keep posting until I get the net set up :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home