Monday, August 08, 2005

Lundi 8eme août


This has really been a thinking weekend. On Friday evening at choir practice, Armelle (the girl who really took care of me when I first arrived) said that she is thinking of leaving the church.

She said that she can't stay in a church that is so... lacking in passion. To be honest I know what she means. In the morning service songs are sung and it is all nice and pretty (in fact they make a fantastic sound) but it is all 'oh this is nice.. let's sing some pretty songs' and not 'Oh my word, God is amazing and I just wanna praise him with all I've got'. She wants a much more charasmatic church with more energy.

This got me thinking a lot. I can see potential in the church, she is not the only one who wants more of the Holy Spirit in the church. But change is always hard and I also think it would be alot of hard work to get the church to pick up and move.

I don't want her to go :( it just wouldn't be the same without her.


But the next choir practice (sun afternoon) was hugely different. I turned into a big worsh and jammin session (much like the youth band would do at lewin). We just flicked through books and sang what took our fancy. It was so much fun :) a fair few of the songs they sang in french and I sang the original english words. but I'm picking up a number of french songs so I kept switching between the two depending on which I could remember!!


Sunday evening I decided that my poor little bike had been sitting alone in the courtyard for long enough. After dusting it off I went for a short ride round the town. It was wonderful to cycle along side the water in the evening sunshine.

I did wake up with a sore backside though. lol. Oh well I guess I'll just have to do it more often to get myself accostomed to riding again.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home