Friday, July 15, 2005

Venredi 15eme juillet


July 14th is Bastille day in france and is a national holiday. So I took full advantage of this by not setting any alarms and staying in bed until about mid day!!

However with it being such an amazingly gorgeous day outside I couldn't stay in. So I wandered out into the sun. In the centre of Caen there is an old castle so I went to go and have a look around it. I was surprised to find that it was free entry (I hadn't been before now because I assumed it was paid entry and I was a bit low on cash) but once inside I discovered that the walls is really all that is left. But I had fun wandering along the ramparts and taking photos of Caen from up there (until my camera batteries ran out that is).

In the afternoon I weent round to Armelle's house (one of my new friends from church) she lives in a flat with 4 other guys from church. We had fun chatting and talking about the church choir (which I then went and managed to join!). Then at about 22:30 we drove off to a nearby town to go and watch some fireworks :)

Today at work has been dead! there are a grand total of 5 of us in the entire of our department (when there are normally over 25) everyone took the day off so they got a 4 day weekend. Unfortunately when you only have 10 days a year like me you can't afford to waste them. But actually today has been quite nice. Three of us went to lunch together and both the other two spoke english for me so we all chatted. It made a nice change. And we went and had our after lunch coffee (well tea for me) sitting outside in the sun. All very nice and civilised. The only draw back of no-one being here is that it is about 50 times harder to concentrate on work- distractions that normally wouldn't be a problem are much easier to fall for- like getting lost singing along to your music!!! LOL. Don't worry though I have still been doing my work in between my singing.

Speaking of singing it is the choir practice before youth group today. Should be fun, if a little interesting seeing as they sing in french.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home