Thursday, July 07, 2005

Second entry


I've always said that I hated London and couldn't wait to move away. But in the past couple of days I have realsied how much I love that city. I was really proud of London yesterday when I learned that we got the Olympics. I didn't think that I would care but listening to the news, waiting for the announcement I had butterflies in my stomach thinking about how great it would be if we got it. And then today I had another sharp reminder of how much London means to me. The bomb blasts on the underground and on the bus has shocked the world. but looking at the pictures and listening to the radio going through my head were the same thoughts over and over: "Was anyone I know hurt?" "What would have happened to our 2012 bid if this had happened yesterday?" "I wish I could help". Looking at the photos I kept seeing places that I knew. Kingscross I have been to many times and several of the others I have been to as well. London is my city, it is my home and now I realise just how much I care about it and it's people.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home