Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Mardi 12eme juillet


Today my new found ability to eat whatever was in front of me failed completely. Normally at the canteen there is a really long queue and I can work out what most things might be by watching other people getting their food. Today however there was no queue. So I ordered this thick sausagy thing and chips (great thing about canteens- point at what you want and you don't have to speak a word!). When I sat down my colleagues looked amused and asked if I knew what this thing was. As you can guess alarm bells started ringing at that point- what was in it that made my choice so amusing? I cut it open and decided that I didn't care what was in it, there was no way I was going to eat it! The smell was something else. I decided to stick with the chips and quickly covered this 'thing' with my napkin once I had finished. That didn't help much with the smell but oh well. I didn't have the guts to ask what was in it- I think I would have regretted it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home