Monday, July 25, 2005

second entry


I ache all over!!! Yesterday afternoon a group of us went of a.. hehem... 'walk'. Now when Armelle said "do you want to go on a walk this afternoon" I thought great a sunday afternoon stoll through the contryside. Oh how wrong was I!!

The guy that suggested the 'walk' does a lot of climbing and trecking, and the route he chose for yesterday? Straight down the edge of a cliff.
I'm quite sure that in england routes like that would have been banned for being too dangerous (or maybe I just hope they would be). I don't remember the last time I was that scared.

The trail was normally only about a foot wide, with only a few extra inches before it was a sheer drop. And as it snaked its way down the cliff side, we had to navigate some lovely steep slopes.

The slopes ended up being alot harder and scarier than the places right on the edge. The main reason was that my legs were shaking so much I had a fair bit of difficulty in keeping my footing!

However I am not one to let something beat me so I made it all the way down and even managed to hike back up to the top to where we had left the cars.

Bizarrely by the time it came to sitting in the car to go home I was all up for going on another walk (mentally at least, physically I was exausted).

So I went home had a lovely hot shower (oh how I miss having a bath) and went to bed. Waking up this morning though all my muscles are soooo sore- I didn't even know that I had used half of then!! Lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home