Monday, August 22, 2005

Lundi 22eme août


Today is not that much fun. Firstly it was a gloriously sunny day when I woke up so I put on my summery clothes. But now it is chucking it down (and is quite cold too). Secondly I am faced with two progress report thingies. I have to do one every two months for my department and one per month for the Leonardo scheme (a wonderful scheme with provides extra funding for people doing placements abroad). The Leonardo one is worse coz it is a self assessment kind of thing. I have always been rubbish at that! I'm really stuck on what to write about. they want me to "White about an experience. Try to avoid merely describing an event. Concentrate on what you have learned about an aspect of your development and how well you handled the experience" Seriously I have not a clue what to put!!!!


Workyness aside I've had a good weekend. The weather has been fab- lots of hot sunshine. saturday I did my usual catch up on sleep then did some laundrey (how sad is my life that laudrey is worth mentioning!!). Then headed out to the shops. The Choir are going to be singing in church next sunday and we are all going to be wearing white tops and black trousers. So I went out and bought my self a white top. I also got a lovely summery dress. I hope the sun comes back soon or I won't have a chance to wear it again :(

Sunday evening I was very brave and went to see Mr and Mrs Smith- in french!! Dispite the vast amount of french I have learnt since arriving I still followed almost non of the dialog. Thankfully though it is the sort of film that you can follow simply through the action. It was actually quite good. I would like to see it in english when it comes out though.


Sunday a load of the youth went round to Daniel's house. Daniel and Betty are an american missionary couple who originally set up the church. Daniel is now officially stepping down from his pastoral role in the church and the youth wanted to say thankyou for all that the pair have done. We sang a couple of songs and then everyone sat around eating nibblybits and chatting- very nice :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home