Tuesday, August 30, 2005


I think I have just done my most stupid thing since arriving here- and it had nothing to do with my french.

I managed to get black pen all down my front (I knew there was a reason I used a fountain pen with washable ink when I was younger). And stupid though that was I managed to make it worse- I though I'd go and try to wash it out straight away. So I went of to the loos, shut myself in a cubical and tried to get the ink out. Some of it came out- but only some. Not only that but we don't have electronic hand driers here but hand towels instead. So not only do I still have a couple of lovely black ink blobs on my light green top but it top is also rather soggy!! So I'm sitting here is a soggy top wondering how on earth I'm going to get it dry. Thankfully I managed to wet ther entire front so with my zip-up hoodie on it all looks the same colour (so not so wet). But I want to have the top done up when people are around to hid the ink stains. But then if I do that how is is ever going to dry? So much for all the common sence I thought I had!


Aside from my damp clothing I'm not doing too badly. By midday yesterday I was feeling pretty good (health wise) and the evening was reasonably productive. I hooked my tiny radio up to my redundant computer speakers to get a decent sound. Then I tidyed my room a bit, and had a look at my french grammer book. I got this thing ages ago to help me with my french, but I just keep forgetting to do the exercises. So I sat down and did a couple of pages of that.


Oh yeah and walking into work this morning I saw my friend Dolphin from church. He works at Philips as well. I knew he worked here but in my two and a half months I hadn't seen him once! But he caught up with me as we were walking in this morning and I started my day with a little chat with him which was very nice. He was also talking about the fact the Philips is closed for a week at christmas for safety inspections. So it looks like I'm not going to have to use up all my holiday just to get back for christmas :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home