Monday, August 29, 2005


Well what can I tell you about this weekend? Well I can tell you that I spent almost all of it in bed!! Unfortunately I haven't been very well. I have had a splitting headache and a high temperature. I managed to venture out twice since friday evening. The first was to lug my computer down to the computer shop over the road to see if they could do anything for it. This of course was highly amusing as my french 'computer talk' is not fab and neither of the guys there spoke good english. However we managed and they said that it looks like I'm going to have to re-instal windows. They were also iffy as to the health of my current hard-drive and there is a chance that I might have to replace that! Had we been in england I would have said "thank you very much" and taken it back home and got someone to help me do that myself. However I figured that being in france, not really knowing any computer boffs that I could ask to come and take a look at if (and no the people at work do not count coz I don't know any of them enough to ask for help- and I'm not lugging that great thing all the way to work!) it was safer just to let there guys do it for me. So I'm paying 89€ for the re-installation and a new hard drive will be an extra 59€. I checked with Dad who said that was not extotionate so I have just left them to it. Now here is the really annoying bit though, I can't have it back for another week! So here I am stuck in bed with no computer- so no mindless solitaire or watching any DVDs and worse still I only have half my book left!!! So sunday afternoon saw me just a little bored and twiddling my thumbs slightly!


My other adventure out was to church on sunday morning. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't have gone but it was the choirs debut performance. Not only that but as we were singing 'Amazing Grace' in english, with me doing two verses as a solo- they couldn't really do without me. Thankfully the performance went fine and even though most of the congregation was sitting stony faced (they seem to do that most of the time) a couple of people still came up afterwards to say that they enjoyed it. After the service I think I might have upset a couple of people but refusing to kiss anyone hello, but to be honest I really didn't want to give anyone anything (I have no idea if I was infectious or not but I didn't wanna risk it). So rather than explain to everyone that I was ill I just headed home.


Today I'm much better than I was on saturday and sunday. My temperature seems reasonably normal and I have made it into work safely. I'm hoping with the remainder of my stock of Tesco paracetamol I can safely make it through the day. Might slip of home a bit early though.


Wow it's amazing how much you can write about such an uneventful weekend! LOL



Oh yeah the ony other thing I wanted to mention was that my Dad has managed to put up his photos from Esther and Dave's wedding on to the net. click here to take a look.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home