Friday, August 26, 2005


Isn't it strange how you can hear a song after not hearing it for years and yet still remember every single word. This is a phenomenon I have come across lots since being in France. All the radio stations here play some really old and random songs (like a version of morning has broken!!??!!). And I find myself singing along to things I can't have listened to for a silly long time. But the really funny one was today I was listening to capitalfm (over the net) and every morning they have a little competition where they play songs from different years and you have to guess which years they are. Ne who one of the songs they played was a spice girls song and I found that not only did I know all the words, I didn't miss a single entry. Actually maybe that is not something I should admit to!!! But it made me smile.


In other new... *news reader Sarah shuffles her papers on the desk* Yesterday I hopped on a tram up to 'Café des Images' (aka the cinema) to see 'The Jacket' with Adrien Brody and Keira Knightly. I haven't quite made up my mind yet as to whether it was a really good film or just a good film- but that's nothing unusual for me. I can say though that I left with a smile on my face and I did enjoy it.


Also yesterday we had a couple of guys here at work from... well originally I thought they were german but now having thought about it they might have been dutch (I didn't ask, I'm going on the sound of the language they spoke to each other). It was actually really nice having them here for several reasons. Firstly I was not the newest person here. Secondly english was the primary language spoken rather than french so I understood way more than normal. Thirdly I got to be helpful. They wanted to use the test board and software that I have been working with so I got to help them set it up and run their tests for them :) It was nice to feel like I actually knew something!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home