Tuesday, September 06, 2005



No computer yet! Apparently it is next or their to-do list or something, so I'm back there this evening. At least it is not far to go- just over the street so it's not a really inconvenience to just pop over and check if it is ready. But I had got my hope up. It sounds really silly but I was well excited that I was going to get it back. I was like a child before christmas. So I was crushed when they said it wasn't ready :(
So instead I spent the evening threading beads! I brought all my little glass beads and other bits over here. so I sat and made a couple of bracelets and a necklace. Then I had a nice little chat bit my Mum and a very nice chat with my 'little' bro (well the older of the two little brothers)

Today I went to an internal meeting for the first time. I got an official invite by e-mail and everything. One of the girls here (Jeanne) is coming to the end of her time here and was doing a presentation to explain what she has been doing for her project. Although the whole thing was in French I managed to follow most of it due to the fact that Jeanne had explained the project to me a couple of weeks ago. The nice thing was that I also understood the points that other people made as well. I gather than she is to repeat this presentation to some other people so the people here were giving her pointers and asking questions etc. They also asked some questions that I wanted to ask which proves that it wasn't just a bit of french I hadn't understood but actually a missing piece of information. My french speaking at work is still terrible though! Oh well one step at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home