Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Scam city

Well yesterday I got my first taste of scam e-mails. I got an e-mail from 'e-bay' saying that my account had been blocked because they had registered users trying to access my account from a number of foreign locations. So I went through signed in and stopped.... here they were asking for not only all my bank details, but my security code from the signature strip on my card, and my ATM PIN! So I promply exited and changed all my passwords (only thing is that I hope I can now remember what I changed them too- I don't change them often enough). I cheched with both my dad and the real e-bay site and they said "SCAM"!!!! so if you get a similar thing- don't put any details in, it is a load of poo.

But apart from that mild excitement I had a fun day yesterday. Work was just work- fairly bog standard day really. Home time though was more interesting. I started off at the CHU tram stop, where the next tram was displayed as coming in "11 mins". OK plenty of time to walk to Copernic (the next stop). Got to Copernic- "7mins" strange should be closer to about 3! OK well keep walking 7 mins is loads of time to get to the next stop. Calvier St-Piere "4 mins", well judging on how quick each 'min' had been so far I went for the hatrick. Just as I was coming to CROUS-SUOPS the tram arrived, I debated whether to run for it or not, but looked at how crowded it was and decided that I might as well just walk all the way home. So I did. I have a lovely stroll across the university campus and then through the castle, to finally arrive at the foyer in time to dump by bag and go down to dinner. Twas a nice walk- me like.

After dinner several of us wandered up to 108 (one of the flats in the foyer) where I ended up staying till about 11. Larissa taught us a really cool game (whoes name I have completely forgotten) which consits of a four by four board and a number of different pieces. The aim is to make a row of four in any direction with peices which share a common characteristic: size, shape, colour or solid/partially hollow. Despite the fact that I managed to loose by completely missing a really obvious line, it was a good game. In my defence I was doing the Suduko in the daily mail at the same time (I know, excuses, excuses). Then it was a couple of games of rummy and snap- with rather funky beetles cards. Finally it was another daily mail puzzel, the one where each letter is represented by a number and a crossword type grid is filled in with the numbers and you have to work out which letter is which number and fill in the grid with letter and real words. I've never done one before but it was really quite fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home