Tuesday, January 17, 2006

colapse

Well I have just finished my presentation- my what a momouth task that was.
We started late because of the delay required in setting up the computer and stuff.
When I anounced that I was going to do it in english they all groaned (in a playfull joking way) and anounced that, no I should do it in french. I said "No way I can't" "Oh just try" "but I practiced it all in english!!!" looking back I couldn't have done it in french. Maybe next time.
Then when I stopped they had soooo many questions. To be fair it is not an easy subject to understand and I was explaining it all in a second language for them and they were trying to ask questions in english- this can be harder than it might sound. you know what you mean and you might even know the words for a direct translation but it the meaning isn't the same your question means nothing.
Thankfully they didn't ask horrible questions and the few questions I got stuck on they managed to explain to each other. Two of the people there already had quite good knowledge of the subject so could fill in a few of the blanks. They were lovely though in no saying "Oh you should have put this in, and oh but you never explained that before" They simply gave pointers as to what I might want to include, and how I could improve it.
Though the 10 minute presentation that I was asked to give turned into a good hour and a half. I was quite pleased and hardly got flustered at all. I think I managed to control the speed of my english as well. I know that when I get a bit excited or carried away my english speeds up, sometimes to the point that they don't follow me anymore. But no-one asked me to slow down and they seemed to follow so I think I did OK.
ready for home now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done for the presentation! I know that there is no way I could have done that, French or English! Take care, Lauren x x x

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home