Monday, January 23, 2006

Blue monday

Today is supposed to be the most depressing day of the year according to scientists. What with the cold weather, Christmas all gone and everything. Waking up this morning I could kinda see it. I just didn't want to get out of bed- "What's the point" "Oh please just another half hour".... no wait hang on that's every monday hee hee.

I had a pretty good weekend actually. Friday was choir and youthgroup as usual. Saturday... well saturday I re-gained the corners in my room. My room had got to the point where is was annoying me with the mess. It wasn't all over the floor with no carpet showing (actually there is never any carpet showing as the floor is linal like a kitchen floor), however the piles of clothes in the corners and the fact that I couldn't use any of my desk due to the mass of papers and rubbish on it ment something had to be done.
So I did two loads of laudry and a load of hand washing. This acheived many things, substantialy clearning my corners, emptying my laundry basket (yes some of my clothes had in fact made it that far), gave me clothes to wear next week and provided a puzzel- where on earth was I going to put it all? Three loads of washing and a radiator which is only wide enough to hand a single towel on- a folded towel!! With string slung all over the place I made enough temporary clothes lines to just about manage.
Then it was time to pop to Monoprix to get some milk, pick up the latest cinema timetables to see if anything was on then go on a friend hunt to see if anyone wanted to come with. I eventually managed to find Jen who suggested staying in cooking together and watching a DVD rather than going out, so it was back off to Monoprix with Jen to get some things for dinner, cook it, eat it (was yum- pasta, sauce and lardons), grab Jane from the computer room and then raid my DVD colection. I have become the local blockbuster for the assistants and our friends as I have ..... well far too many DVDs. So the three of us sat down to watch the prince and me.
Afterwards was the obligator "Oh wouldn't it be nice to have a prince of our own" Both the others then went off on a little dream about Prince William. Now personally I'd take Harry over William, but reveiling this got exclaimations of shock from the others "Really, Harry over William???" Oh well not gonna happen for any of us (well probably not- you never know!!! lol)

Sunday was church and a test for Jen and I- blaging french songs when you have no words. We started off with a hymn book but as we got up for the last two songs it turned out that the lady next to Jen had stollen our book! We were fine with the first song as we knew the english word, so sang those instead. However the last song was a case of laaing along.
Choir was another hard working session. We are singing 'Come now is the time to worship' in french and, I'm not sure quite how it came about but I am playing the piano for it. That song suprisingly (despite my playing that is) is going well. The problem was with the other song. It is taken from a CD by a belgium gospel choir and the guy singing the main part plays around with the rhythm and tune a lot. As a result Hérve who is singing the solo for us has simply learnt all the little rhythmic plays, but hasn't quite nailed them. Philippe worked out the chords and bashed them out for us to give us a base rhythm and then we had to wrok out at which points Hérve was straying. I had sore fingers by the end from clicking out the beat and a sore head from concentrating- It is a tricky song to master. If we pull it off it will be really good.
The sunday evening I had a chat with my mum and then a lovely chat with Hanna Pierce who I haven't spoken to properly in far too long. Then bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home