Monday, January 30, 2006

sniffles

Today my desk looks rather like a pharmacy counter! I have boxes of paracetamol and throat sweets sitting next to my box of tissues and my steaming cup of hot blackcurrant and honey. Yes I have a cold, though thankful it is just a bad cold and not the flu.
It did put a dampener on my weekend though. Saturday I went to bed late and by Sunday morning I had a temperature so skiped church and only went out to choir before crawling back into my bed.
Saturday however was much more fun. Didn't do anything exciting during the day- oh no I tell a lie; I went out to Monoprix and found that a bag I had been admiring had been reduced a second time in the sales (20 something - 14 something - 7 something) so I snapped it up :)
Saturday evening Jen and I were invited to the party of one of her students- well actually she had been invited and then told that she could bring a friend, so she asked me (I felt so special). I had met some of the guys before from going to the pub and stuff, but as more and more people turned up (there were about 23 by the end) the proportion of people that Jen and I knew dwindled.
Thankfully Savi, whose party it was, was one of the few I had already met, so I didn't feel too bad about crashing. He is a lovely guy- genuinely very friendly and thoughtful- hence his offer of Jen inviting a friend to make her feel a bit more at ease. He had hilariously platted his hair and dipped the end in sparkly gell or hair sprayed it or something. So after about 5 mins his black shirt was looking like a reject from westlife's wardrobe).
Despite no knowing everyone we had a great time, chatting away (well too be fair Jen did most of the chatting and I listened- but I'm used to that now). Surprisingly Savi had put on a full sit down meal for everyone. They had four... well they were like grills with 8 little trays rather than one big one, which you used to melt cheese. Then eat the cheese with bread, cold meats, potatoes and stuff. T'was yum. And amusing when some of the boys decided to start throwing potatoes around.
By 11:45 though Jen and I were exhausted. We were going to stay over (we had sleeping bags and everything) but we were both beat and everyone else looked set to keep going for another... 5 hours or something. So we bundled ourselves up against the cold said our goodbyes and tried desperately to get up the drive. The rain that had started falling just after we arrived had turned into a sheet of ice. So we were all slipping and sliding all the way to the tram stop. There we bid good night to the lovely boys who had walked us to the tram stop, and headed for bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home