Thursday, January 26, 2006

Yay and ouch

Well I have a big yay. Yesterday for the first time in... well ever I got to watch TV in my room. I managed to find a TV tuner card, that runs on WIN2000 (most seem to require XP), didn't cost the earth and which I think should (cross fingures) work in the UK when I go back home!!! So after plugging it all in, installing all the software and conecting it all up to the external arial point I found I had french dubbed friends playing :)
Friends in french is very funny. I know many of the episodes already, so know what is going on, but even with ones I haven't seen I know the characters well enough to guess what they are saying if I don't understand the french.
Then it was time for the news. Aparently french rural doctors are either paying or receiving 20% more than their city counterparts. I have to say I got a bit stuck when trying to work out if this 20% they kept talking about was a good thing for these doctors or a bad thing.
But still it's very exciting.

This morning wasn't so much fun on waking up though. Aparently I slept funny coz my back is very sore :( it just aches all over which is no fun at all. On the pluss though I get to speak english today coz we have a load of Dutch visitors at work today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home