Monday, February 06, 2006

God He reigns

Saturday I woke up at about 11 (shocking I know), and was quietly lying in bed when the phone went
"Hello"
"Sarah (with French accent)"
"oui"
"(translated)there is a package down in reception for you"
Now the last time I was called to say I had a packet it was because I had to sign for it (never understood why they couldn't have signed for me), so I jumped out of bed, grabbed some clothes, passed a quick brush through my head and headed down stairs. As it turns out Julian was just being nice and letting me know it was there, but I didn't mind being got out of bed in the slightest. For my packet was in fact a CD that my mum had sent me. So I took off my hastily donned clothes and got back into my PJs (Yes I was being an unbelievable slob) and put the CD on.
This CD was the new Hillsongs- God he reigns. I had listened to it when I was home for Christmas and fell in love with it. So I sat read my book, danced around and listened to both disks twice through each. SOOOOO GOOD!!! wow.

When I finally clambered out of my PJs I shoved them straight into my washing bag, did my weekly wash and wandered down to wish Elaine a happy birthday.
Unfortunately I managed to catch her when she was sleeping (afternoon nap- she hadn't been quite as lazy as me). However after a couple of mins she had woken up. And after many more minutes we finally decided to go out for a little walk- to fnac (fnac is kind of a bit like HMV, selling electrical items, books, music, dvds- the works). I was a bit naughty and treated myself to batman begins (watched it again Sunday- soo good), but oh well.
Mooching in shops such as fnac is really time consuming, so our walk really became just a trip to fnac as we headed back to round up the others before heading out to a little Chinese restaurant nearby for Elaine's birthday dinner.

On Sunday morning the choir performed resulting in my debut as a accompanying pianist. I was so nervous. Through all the songs before hand I was running through the fingering on the back of the chair in front of me. Thankfully I managed the entire thing with only one little slip up- and I remembered to sing at the same time. At each rehearsal so far it has been one or the other, singing, or playing the correct notes! It was an immense relief to find that I had not mucked the entire thing up.
Josine came round to mine for lunch- a picnic on my floor which was really fun. While she was there I managed to make her fall in love with my new CD as well- it's now on her 'to get' list.
As we were wandering to get the tram back for choir practice I saw Oscar and had a little chat with him. Oscar works at O'donnels (the Irish pub) but I've only spoken to him a few times. So as soon as I called his name I suddenly though "What if he has no idea who I am?" thankfully he did recognise me (could have been funny if he hadn't).
Choir was fantastic. So many of the little problems that we had been having with 'Entre tes mains' have either been worked out by Hérve at home, or were resolved during the practices. With Philippe bashing out a steady rhythm on the guitar is is so much easier to see where the rhythm was straying. Ireckonn we are gonna pull this one off :)

Oh and just going back to the Hillsongs theme, I discovered that on the BBC website they had an article on the hillsongs church inLondonn which was rather exciting. They weren't church bashing either which makes a nice change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home