Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Rain

Rain- it seems to be raining all the time at the moment. Monday was so wet that I spent the afternoon walking round the office in my socks to give my shoes a chance to dry out. No one actually noticed so I have no idea what people would have thought about it- but it was just too cold to sit around with wet feet all day. Yesterday was more of a drizzly day and today has followed suit- despite the sun we were told we might get.
Apologise for anyone who was hoping for a weekend update on Monday- I just wasn’t in the mood to write. I’ve been feeling really sluggish and a bit rubbish recently. Part of it is the weather I’m sure, and part of it is just getting a bit home sick. So to make up for it I shall treat you to a round up of the past week.
On Saturday after waving of Elaine, who is off home for the two week half term that all the assistants have, Suzanne and I went to Carrefour. As well as random food I bought myself a swimming costume (hmmm was about to write swim suit- have been spending way too much time around Americans). Suzanne goes every week and I thought I might join her. So I made her promise that she would make me come, so I can work of some of my winter insulation!! Lol.
Then in the afternoon we headed to the Lux to watch ‘the new world’. I mentioned this film to Jon and he said that he had never even heard of it, so I’m guessing it hasn’t come out in England yet. It’s the story of Pocohuntas and the English settlers. The trailer made it look like an action packed fighting movie, but it’s not at all. Admitadly there are a couple of fighting sence between natives and settlers but only like two. Most of it is a much more… artistic film with lots of pretty scenery showing the relationship between Pocohuntas and John smith. It was one of those long films (2h16) which I could have continued watching because it was just nice- didn’t notice the time at all. Only down side was the silly woman beside me who ‘shushed’ me for rustling a bit as I looked for something in my bag- silly woman.
Not really got much else to report- the rest of the weekend was fairly normal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home