Thursday, February 16, 2006

Inspection

I managed to shock a couple of colleagues yesterday by turning up in a skirt, boots and generally looking very nice and dressed up (in fact I got an 'Oh la la" form one of them as I walked past- he was a bit taken aback!! lol). Turns out that the boots were a bad idea though. But the time I got to work (really not a very long walk) my feet were killing me. I had no idea how I was going to survive the day. Thankfully I had a tubey grip bandage (one of the cylinder bandages you use on wrists and ankles and the like). So I chopped it into two and wrapped it round the balls of my feet. With it my feet were still achy but bearable this time.
By the time I had patched up my poor old feet it was time to go down to reception and pick up... dun du duuuu.... my professors. For yesterday was the day for the second of my university visits, where someone from the university comes and checks that everything is going OK. And here was the reason for my dressing up.
Dr Neil Emmerson is the head of the department and my Placement tutor. So with this in mind all my log books have been written neatly and visits are greeted with smart dress (even though I never bother on other days). The visit consisted of us talking for a bit about what I've been doing, about what he thought of my report (the one I was stressing over before Christmas) and what I should put in my final report (due first week back after the summer).
He told me that he gave me 65% for my report, which is a good mark (2-1 if you prefer looking at it that way). I was rather chuffed about that.
Then it was a chat with my supervisor to find out what he thought of how I've been doing (he is please so that's all good) and then off to lunch. There were five of us and we all drove out to a nice little restaurant and had a leisurely lunch. In fact we left at about 12 and got back at 3!! it was quite a sneaky way of getting out of most of a day's work, hee hee.

Back home it was time for my room inspection. Brigitte came checked I had nothing on my window sills (stuff tends to fall of in high winds), check I had cleaned my bathroom, told me "You need to lean your shower more thoroughly", check my fridge and go. It took about a minute and yet I had to book an appointment for it and everything- very strange.

Oh and I learnt what the longest word in French is:
ANTICONSTITUTIONNNELLEMENT (26)

good few letters off ours:
PNEUMONOULTRAMICROSCOPICSILICOVOLCANOKONIOSIS (45) [lung disease]

The french word is also shorter than:
ANTIDISESTABLISHMENTARIANISM (28)
ha ha we beat the French on that one!! lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home