Monday, October 17, 2005

Flâner

Flâner- to stroll.
This was my 'word of the day' on saturday. I went round to Armelle's house in the afternoon, watched Remi and his mate fix the wifi for Armelle's new laptop and giggled to myself everytime they mentioned wifi as in french if is pronounced wiffy (with a french accent). Once the boys had managed it we got ready to go out, then found that the net had stopped working agin. I was dead chuffed that I managed to fix it again- even though it was all in french! (wasn't very hard just set the IP address manually rather than automatically)

So eventually we set out for out flâner. We wandered around a few shop and then decided to go have some dinner. We went to a new little place tht has open near the Cafe des Images, and after asking for a bit of help decifering the menu we had our food.
I went for pasta bolognaise. It was OK but if truth be told was a little bit cold :S but even so I had a fab time. Armelle and I had a great chat about what all girls talk about- boys! We had great fun pairing up everyone at church and chatting about the guys that are 'out there' for us. It was great fun as we switched between french and english depending on how the mood took us. All in all- a very fun day.

Sunday was an okish day went I set out to church, however come going home time it was a very different story. The rain was chucking it down like nobodies buisness. So we hitched a lift into town and then Armelle, Shannon (an american girl) and I all went to McDs for lunch. Again is was a really nice time just sitting and chatting. I also enjoyed watching the guy that was sitting next to us. He was obviously intruiged by the french-english mix. Trying hard not to look like he was listening too hard when we were speaking english and barely containing his reactions to jokes and stuff in french. Great fun.

Sunday afternoons choir practice actually went really well. We were a couple of members short but all those who were there remembered everything and got it all right. Very nice :) I just hope that it all holds together next week (family gonna be there).

Sunday evening Maria, Shannon and I headed off to Jamel's house. went we arrived we were amused to notice that there were a destinct lack of french people. Dominic was the only one there when we arrived- he is german, as is Maria. Shannon is American and so is Jamel's wife Susan. And me the brit! So when Xavier turned up he got a big cheer for being the first french person to come. So we all passed a very enjoyable if stightly quieter than usual evening. Many people who would normally have come were absant due to the need to work or being away visiting people and stuff. I was nackered by the end of the evening but was glad I was gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home