Monday, October 03, 2005

Half light

There is a rather eerie light outside at the moment. As I'm writing france (just a little while after england) is experiencing an annular eclipse. The moon is partially covering the sun significantly reducing the light reaching earth and making 11 look like dusk. It is a bit strange- but cool as well

Once again my weekend has been remarkably boring. I didn't even leave the foyer on saturday! I slept in till about 1 or 2 and then got up (as in out of bed- I didn't get dressed all day) and played around on my computer. I have managed to get the
DVD drive working (though the player I was using was rubbish and it was quite allot of effort to watch a film). Unfortunately I haven't managed to fix the speed to the sound card. So films and music and even the windows start up music sounds slightly chipmonkified. I've managed to improve it by reducing the hardware acceleration speed (and no I had no idea how to do that before I did a google search on the problem), but I need to now try to use a different driver and see if I can clear it completely.

Sunday morning was a baptismal service at church. As a result the service started half an hour early and in the early morning scramble to get out the door I completely forgot my camera! I know Armelle took some photos so if I ever manage to get a copy from her I'll post some up. The baptistery itself is worth admiring. It was soooo tiny I was amazed that a person actually could be submerged in it. The occasion also held a performance from the choir as well. It was easily the best we have done so far. We managed to memorise both songs and everyone remembered to wear the black bottoms and white top. Both of these made us look much more professional. There were many fewer wrong notes from us and many more smiles from the congregation.
I have been singing at church for goodness only knows how many years. And it doesn't take long for someone on stage to find the best people to look at. I don't know what it is about church but people so often seem to end up sitting there stony faced. But there are certain people who will always have a smile on their face and will show that they are enjoying and appreciating what you are doing. I have managed to extend this list for church here with some more smiling faces.

I have realised that when my parents come over in a couple of weeks (how exciting is that!!!) that they are going to have to bring some zertek (sp) with them. Sunday evening visits to Jamel's (the pastor) are becoming a weekly occurrence and I only
brought enough allergy tablets for 'the occasional cat' rather than a weekly cat. We had fun though. I got Claire to teach me a bit of the music from Amilie. She can play practically the entire soundtrack, and it's very pretty. So I can now play about a minute of it :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home