Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Chicken


Why is it that after all I have managed to do in the last four months I'm still putting off going to the university to ask about french lessons cos I'm scared! Well I have several people bugging me about it so I will go (I promise). Both monday and tuesday I had the intention of going but just didn't quite manage. In fact yesterday I conveniently left work too late to be able to go! I did however go and find the reception to check opening times. I had seen the signs to the 'Acceuil' before but once on the campus could I find any more? In the end I had to start from this first sign and pretend I was a car going along the road to see if I could see it. Along the way I managed to get chatted up by some random guy. I can't decide weather the "I'm english I don't understand you" is a good line or not. I have used it a few times now, once it failed just coz the guy was very persistent and didn't care and once it failed cos the guy actually spoke fairly good english. This time however after a bit I just stopped speaking french to this guy and only spoke in english and he lost interest. I felt a bit bad because actually I understood everything he said and could have managed to reply in french without much problem, but I wasn't in the mood (I was too busy wondering about the disappearing reception). After a lovely stroll through the campus I finally found the reception and found that as I had guessed it was open until 6 monday to thursday and 5:30 on a friday, so I was too late (it being about half six at this point) What a shame! Maybe I'll actually manage to go this evening- maybe.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home