Friday, September 16, 2005

Smile in the rain


Today is a day when I am grateful for my ability to laugh at things. The weather is appauling! I arrived at work absolutely soaked through. My 'rain coat' is really only shower proof so did leak a little bit so my jumper was rather damp underneath. But I have a hilarious line at the top of my trousers that shows exactly where my coat stopped! Truth be told I actually really like walking in the rain, as long as it doesn't mean I am sitting all day in a puddle. So once more I am sitting here slowly drying out.


It's amazing how wet you can get walking to and from the tram, but I did get to use my new tram pass this morning. Yesterday I went into the twisto (bus and tram company) shop and filled in a little form, handed in a photo and got a smart little pass. It is like the oyster cards in london (If anyone know what they are like). They have a clever little chip inside which means that you just swipe them next to the ticket machine to use it- very cool.


Another equally cool thing- no in fact this is even better, Yesterday I got the disks that my parents posted over. So I have now given the computer shop (yes sorry it is another computer story) the english version of Windows and told them exactly what I want them to do. So maybe I'll get it back at some point- maybe :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home