Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Rubbishness

Ok I officially fell completely rubbish. I got an e-mail today from a guy at church asking why I was laughing at him yesterday- sounding really hurt. The thing is (as it turns out) I completely miss understood what he was talking about. So what I thought was funny ended up making me look really rude. We have had a bit of a joke going about him talking in spanish to me and he started with a little 'hola' so I though 'ha ha here we go again'. Before he has told me that I should learn spanish and I thought he was carrying on in that vein of thought. However he told me that he was actually saying "I'm not going to speak in spanish- I have something I actually want to say". So now I feel terrible. I managed to cobble together a reply e-mail which I hope explains this. However I have very little confidence in my ability to really express what I mean in french. I could possibly do it face to face, but on paper- that's much harder. It makes it worse that he was trying to thank me for the copy of a photo that I had sent him last week! Oh smelly smelly smelly. I really hope I find some french lessons now. Then prehaps I can avoid insulting any more of my freinds!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home