Thursday, September 29, 2005

The return of a dear freind


*Singing* I got my computer back, I got my computer back *Singing*

Finally after over a month I have my little computer back. It has a brand new 80GB hard drive in it, windows re-installed and my old hard drive (my little 15GB) installed as a second drive meaning that I still have access to everything that was on the machine before. so I spent last night copying files across from drive to drive to make sure that programs I had before will work again. Unfortuanetly I found that they didn't install a DVD driver (which I thought they would) so I'm going to have to do that. Also I need to change the audio driver. Although I can play all of my music the sampling speed is all wrong so everything sounds like it is sung by chipmonks. This isn't too bad for songs that I don't know very well but for well known songs it is just not possible to listen to them. (Phil collins as a chipmonk is highly amusing but doesn't make for a very good song). But the main thing is that I have it, even though my bank balance is wincing slightly.

As well as getting my computer back I also found out that there is another English girl staying at the foyer. I haven't met her yet but Brigitte came up to me at dinner to say that she had just arrived. Her name is Gemma and that's all I know. But I also know which room she is staying in so I think this evening I might pop round and say hi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home