Friday, October 14, 2005

Boring week

It's quite sad having absolutely nothing in my life interesting enough to write about. Never stopped you before I hear you say- well yes but this week has been particularly dull.

I can however give you an update on these french lessons I have been trying to find. I asked Anne (the office secretary) if she knew of anything and she came up with one. It's a 60 hour course- 4 hours a week for 15 weeks, and cost... get this... 3000 euros. That is over three months wages for me. And although the leonard scheme (some very nice people who give me money for doing a placement abroad) will re-imburse me some money they will only pay out a maximum of £250 so only about 10% of the total cost. So I'm going to try the university option again.

In other news, I have had to buy myself a french phone. When I came I bought a french SIM to use in my english phone. I had to get an un blocking code first but after that it worked fine. Untill last week that is. For some bizarre reason it just stopped working. I went into the phone house (french carphone warehouse) and asked what I should do. "You need the english unlocking codes" so I tried another code (can only ever do it three more times now), but it didn't help. So I went back yesterday, the woman was no more helpful this time. Though she did agree to try my SIM in another phone. Of course it worked fine in that phone! So it was obviously my phone and not the SIM. So rather than phaff anymore I just got myself a new phone. It's very funny coz they have an offer on at the mo on one phone so all the english and americans at the foyer have all taken advantage of it and now all have the same phone. and now so do I!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home