Friday, October 28, 2005

Book worm

Since my parents left on Tuesday I have been absolutely nackered. Tuesday evening at the choir meeting I just couldn't stop yawning. So the obvious solution- go to bed early for a couple fo nights. Well that's all very well to have as your plan but there was one thing that my family did that made this a very hard thing for me to actually acheive. They brought me some books over from England. So far I have finish two of the five mum picked out. So far I've read Digital fortress by Dan brown I think it's much beter than both Da Vinci code and Angels and demons as this one has no mention of God or the church so was compleltly inoffensive. I've also read a brave new world by Aldous Huxley. This one is part of my effort to read all of the BBC's big read top 100. Not a bad book really. I couldn't put them down so kinda kept reading into the night. Oh well nearly the weekend and I can recooperate a bit then.

Well yesterday I decided to check out Tim Burton's latest film- the corpse bride. And I'm really glad I did. Firstly I was always going to see it at some point coz I know one of the guys who worked on it and it's always great fun to see the name of someone you know in the credits. And secondly it's a really good film! With a couple of good songs (not clasics like some of the old disney ones, but still good songs). Some funny moments, though I was the only one laughing at a few of the 'play on words' jokes. And a nice little story. I don't remember the last time I went to go see a film at 7 for which I was home before 9, but then that's animation for you, it's just not practical to make a two hour film. I'd recomend it if anyone is thinking of going to see it.
Next on the list to see- walace and gromit (no I actually haven't managed to see it yet)

Other news this week is that work has got a ton better! I have final got some help with fixing my problems. And they guys found out that one of the drivers (a part of code) is really badly written and wasn't working. I could never have found this out by myself- I would have just been going round in circles for ever. So my new task is to re-write this code before going back to my testing. It's nice to have a change :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

OK maybe I should have stated that it was stop time model animation, rather than animation in general. And yes they can be longer than 2 hours but they take years to make as it is!

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home