Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Chair

Well this morning I got a nice e-mail (well two in fact) telling me that I have been voted in as the new Chair for LINKs next year. I had put together a little power point presentation for everyone which apparently people liked. I know it will be quite a lot of effort what with it being my final year as well, but I have the legend that is Tony Stone as my Vice and two guys who I haven't actually met yet as treasurer and duties officer. Tony seems to think they'll be good so I think it will be fun.

Well in other news it is probably about time that I introduced you all to Guillaume- my fan.
One of my mates Jen is going out with a guy called Julian, and Julian’s best friend is Guillaume. Now the four of us have been out together a couple of times and after the first time Jen came up to me and said "I'm supposed to ask you what you think of Guillaume". Well I had met the guy twice and spoken all of about 3 words to him each time- what was I supposed to say. So Jen was sent back with a "Your nice but no" message and I thought that would be it. Oh how wrong was I. Through Jen I get to hear what he has been saying about me and stuff, and apparently there has been a fair amount said.
It carried on with him asking Jen for my number. I would have said no but I didn't see how I could go out with them again if I had said no, and I have fun with them so I gave him my number with strict instructions to Jen that she was to say it's just as a friend and that I don't like speaking on the phone in French so he should send texts (this btw isgeniuss because it means I don't have to say much and I can selectively choose when I reply!!).
So next day I get a "Do you want to go out some time" text. So my response? "Sure I'll have a chat with Jen and found out when she and Julian are free". Jen said he was rather upset that I had 'miss-understood'.
Then last night in keeping with the whole idea of it just being a group of friends go out for a drink (rather than the weird double dating feel it had before) I invited France and Morgan to the pub as well. A certain somebody was rather un-impressed. His face was a picture when we all turned up. I feel really bad because I don't want to be mean but I'm completely not interested. If anyone has any smart ideas of how to make sure he knows that please let me know.
answers on a postcard (or in the comments!!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee,poor u! i had the same problem a few weeks ago with this creepy guy at church, so (tried to be subtle but not sure it quite came off) said i needed to go and 'fone my fiance'.. and then proceeded to have a very random fone conversation with lerys as i didnt actually have anything to say but didnt want to lie!

Think u just have to be honest in a nice way, or keep inviting lots of friends to ur 'dates' - he'll soon get bored and give up!

Lx

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home