Monday, April 03, 2006

Spring

Well I reckon spring is well and truly here. I have not put a coat on all weekend (and yes I have been outside for much of that time). It's great :)

Once again I find that it comes to Monday and my last blog entry was the Monday before. So here's the round up of the highlights of my week:

Monday:- we got new flat screens at work!!! This is fantastic news for my sanity. Alain's screen used to screatch when it had warmed up and it drove me balmy!! but now we have pretty, quiet screens which can tilt in every direction possible- they even twist 90 degrees so that 'normal' horizontal bottom edge of the screen becomes the vertical side. It is weird!

Thursday:- got another little distraction from work in the form of protesters (the CPE again) walking down the street next to Phillips. They completely blocked off one of the roads leading onto the ring road- so thankfully just disrupted cars and not my tram home.

Saturday:- had a really productive day (for once). I did two loads of laundry- I had completely run out of socks! I did a bit of shopping- got a tambourine and egg shakers for the choir. Then I went swimming with Jane and Suzanne. This was in the outdoor pool so although it was a bit chilly it was sooo nice to be out swimming in the sunshine. All three of us were knackered for the rest of the day though. After a (very) late lunch I headed back into town just to wander in the sunshine. I found Jane and Morgan sitting like a couple of cats in the sun listening to a band who had set up in the theater square. So the three of us sat drinking up the rays until the sun disappeared behind the theater.
Saturday evening we decided to go out for dinner, though none of us wanted to spend the 20 euros some places charge, so after walking about 2 miles we ended up at a little place near the foyer. When we first arrive the waiter was really quite moody and we were rather unimpressed, however as he started trying to explain that they were closing earlier than advertised we realised that he was probably a bit annoyed about having these 'English tourists' here. He started in English and so Anna put him right very quickly telling him to speak French- the look of relief on his face was a picture. I have never understood why so many people in France assume that because we are English that we don't speak French. I guess we probably do it in England too but it is annoying. By the end of the evening the waiter was laughing and joking around with us, we all had lovely food and left feeling very contented. We rounded off the day with a trip to O'donnals.

Sunday:- church, lunch at the church- always great fun and choir. I must confess that last Sunday I was a little... off with our newest member. His name is Charles and he is a pianist. I had got used to be 'the pianist' for the choir and so when in his first practice he offered to play, as I mucked things up, I was a bit put out (and a bit grumpy- oops). I think he realised and the next song jumped up for me to take the piano again. I felt just a bit bad. This week I was well behaved though. I played for the songs he didn't know and he played the ones he did. He's really good- with a completely different style to me, we had great fun. We sang 'I will dance I will sing' by mat redman, with him doing this jazzy fun little accompniment and the choir dancing shaking the eggs (they were a big hit) and having a good old worsh. Charles also really helped us in writing a harmony for one of the songs. So despite my initial humph a really welcome and useful addition to the choir.
When I got back Suzanne Elaine and I decided to take advantage of the remaining sun and went for a wander round the castle. We stopped by the Chinese take away and Elaine and I bough what turned out to be a mountain of food. I'm sure those tubs weren't that big when we were in the shop! Good food though- and man was I full, we had enough over that both Morgan and Suzanne had a good plateful as well. yummy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home