Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St Patrick's Day

Top of the morning to yah

Wow how appropriate is it that St Patrick's day should fall on a 'green day' on my blog- totally by chance too.

We have a slightly bleary eyed Sarah today because despite nearly falling asleep at my desk yesterday I neglected the early night I had been planning and went out instead. Jen told me at dinner that there was this soiree at Florian's and we were going to leave at 9. So after dinner I had a bit of a nap, then got up to join Jen and Jane. So we arrived at Flo's house and joined the lads in the basement. They were all really lovely- if a little loud. The lads were all 19 to 21 ish and well... if you have met any lads of that age yo can imagine how they were acting. We had loud, slightly out of tune and very crude, drinking songs, talk about cars (which suited me) sport (and yes they did mention England's shameful rugby performance!!) and whiskey out of plastic bottles. The only thing I would say was bad about the evening was the location, the basement was freezing and I could hardly feel my feet by the end. So on the way home us girls were huddled together in the back- partly from cold, partly from Julian's very fast driving.
When I got back I discovered I had consumed far too much coke during the evening and consequently spent another hour trying to get to sleep- good thing I took that nap!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home