Friday, February 24, 2006

Snow

Yesterday Jen, Jane and I went out for dinner. We were planning to go to Maitre courbou (fondu restaurant) but they required a booking if we wanted to be seated before 9. So instead we went to the Chinese restaurant near the foyer. It's a nice little place and not badly priced, I've been a few times now. I must name and shame though and say that neither of the other two even attempted to use chop sticks (or baguette chinois). I think I'd feel a bit funny eating Chinese with a fork- we always use chop sticks at home. Well ne who, while we munched our way through noodles and rice it started to snow outside. It had been doing it on and off all day, but this was mildly more impressive snow. Then after dinner Jen and I decided to get get some dessert from a little place just up the road. And the desert of choice... Ice cream!!! So at about 9 at night in the middle of a shower of snow the two of us walked along munching out ice creams. Fantastic fun- but very strange.
I had little hope that the snow would settle because everything was so wet (we had had a downpour of rain only an hour beforehand), but waking up this morning I was greeted by a white world.

I was so excited, snow is a smile maker. Getting to be the first one to walk across a clean patch of snow, hearing it crunch as you step on it, looking at the flakes and thinking how very clever God must be to create so many in so many different designs. Everyone else walking into work has had a smile on as well, which is great.
Now the sun has come out and the sun and snow look so pretty. Unfortunately it probably means there won't be too much snow by the end of the day, but it looks nice at the mo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home