Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Go Stag Hill!!!!!!

Well This morning I had a very nice (anticipated) surprise waiting in my inbox for me- my university accommodation confirmation for next year!!! Once again I am in Stag Hill Court, though this time in a single room rather than the duplex I had in first year.

UPDATE: And they have put me in the room next to Helen!!! How much fun is next year going to be (correct answer= lots)

Oh how very exciting. It means I really am going to be a student again next year. I can't wait! Well only 31 days of work left (how sad is it that I know that, but I have been counting down for months).

Last night I went to go and see V for Vendetta with France and Suzanne. I really am becoming a cinema-a-holic, it's terrible, and there are loads of films coming out which we want to go and see.
So anyway the film, to be honest I can't make up my mind on it. I found it really quite hard to watch mainly because the theme of the story is terrorists in London. After living in France I have become immensely patriotic and fond of England and London. It has been my home all my life. So I didn't like it being in London. Also after July 4th and seeing the riots here in France the images they showed of riots and terrorist attacks didn't seem particularly 'entertaining'. I think if I had been in London the whole time I wouldn't have noticed so much and I think I would have come out raving about a great film. As it is I'm not sure I'll even see it again in English to find out what was going on half the time (I got so lost at times). However I might find that in a few days I'll think of it as a fab film, who knows.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Good stuff. They still haven't told us about our flat - we applied back in December and they're taking forever!

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank u :) *lots and lots* :)

love Laura x x x

PS I really hope u find this!

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home