Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Happy Easter

I hope you all had a fantasic easter weekend. I did!
Wednesday evening I got the ferry over to England arriving early thursday morning. It was so bizarre getting on the coach and hearing the english radio- I nearly started crying. It didn't take long for me to plaster a cheshire cat grin on my face though. One thing I have actively missed this spring is daffodils. I have only seen cut ones on sale in the market here. In England however within 2 minutes we were driving past carpets of them. I love daffs they are such happy flowers.
The coach made good time and there was a train ready waiting for me when I got to victoria so I was home by about 10:30 which was fantastic.
Thursday evening my parents took us out for a belated birthday meal, amusigly to a lovely little french restaurant. The food was fantastic and it was so nice to spend time with the family.
Friday was the good friday service at church in the morning, then gardening in the sunshine in the afternoon. I also managed to do both my global action forms (for the trip to Ukraine that I'm planning to do in the summer) and my loan forms. The loan forms are so annoying and mildly confussing. There are like four seperate loans/grants that you can apply for and there is very little explaination as to what they are all for- so I just applied for everything! Well the worst they can say is no.
Saturday I went dog walking with my very good friend Terri and her dog Dyson.

We went to mitcham common and had a good old ramble, natter and general catch up session. Thankfully the day's rain held off until the afternoon when I was safely back home.
My mother is an absolute legand and prior to my arriving home she had invited some of my mates round for a meal. So Andy, Hannah, Sarah, Laura, Suzi and Hazel all came and muched through pasta bake and pavlova nad chees cake!! OH YUM. I've missed mum's cooking. For all the french are supposed to be like the culenary kings of... everywhere, they just can't compeat with my mum's cooking.
Sunday was easter day (chocolate!!!!). Church was great, we had three baptisms, a fab worship set, mime from Poppy and dash (clowns to entertain the kids) and the chance to chat and catch up with a few more people.
After eating our way though roast dinner we collapsed in a heap. Then Jonathan and I played a game of monopoly with david ritter who had popped in with his parents. And we had syminal cake- marzipan, yummy.

Monday before heading back to france I went round to the Peirces' for a bit. As well as being a lovely chance to spend time with my second family I got to meet the newest addition to the clan. Their cat had a kitten a week ago- it is sooo cute

Then it was back victoria to get my coach, then the ferry, then rush home to dump stuff and have a shower before heading off to work! wow what a weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home