Thursday, April 06, 2006

Turtle Attitude

This post will be dedicated to my new found love, to the reason that Wednesday evenings exist, to the tortoise and to the cause of my bleary eyed state this morning. Confused? I am of course talking about Nouvelle Star!!!

Over the past few weeks us English girls (that's Suzanne, Elaine and I) have managed to get completely hooked on Nouvelle star. It's the French pop idol and it's fantastic. Wednesday evenings at 8:50, every week on M6. It's really nice actually because the other two can't get M6 in their flat but for some reason I can, so they come up to mine and we all watch it together.

The past two weeks have been public voting but due to a fault in the computer system last week all 14 of the candidates were back this week to sing in the special French song only episode.

So for lack of anything better to do at the moment I shall give you 'Sarah's break down of singers and performances from yesterday's nouvelle star'

Cindy

First up is Cindy. This is a little white girl with a big black voice. She has loads of energy and is good. I could easily see her getting down to at least the final few.

Vladimir

Vladimir went out this week. So not much point in saying much

Bruno

Bruno has one of the most feminine voices I've ever heard in a guy. But listening to him that not a bad thing (in his case). Last week for example he did beautiful by Christina agularia (or how ever you spell her name) and sounded amazing. This week as well he was really good.

Sophie

Well Sophie never stuck me as a strong contended, and even after a HUGELY improved performance this week she was also out this week

Jean-Charles

Poor old sausage had a sore throat which probably helped him on his way out. Bit sad I quite liked him. He reminds me a bit of on of Tom's mate Alex

Celia

Went out

Florian

Despite being shaky vocally Florian's performance was entertaining (in a good way, not a funny way). He managed to stay in.

Beverly

Her song didn't really strike me either way- haven't got much to say on it. Beverly was saved by the judges.

Christope

We love you Christope we do, we love you Christope we do (etc). Christope is easily our favourite. As Elaine said yesterday is just 'fluffy'. He is this tall gangly slightly geeky guy who looks like he wouldn't say boo to a goose. In fact he earned himself a nickname on his very first audition.
(paraphrased translation)
"I just have to explain why I'm laughing "This is one of the judges after he
finished his audition piece, "When you walked in I thought Oh no not another one, look what we have here. We are going to get another 'wannabe who can't sing'. You walked in like this little tortoise and them- wow what a voice. It's amazing"

So he is now M. tortoie. His fans have t-shirts and banners with a tortoise and 'turtle attitude' written across them. And boy can that guy sing!! I honesty believe he has a really good shot at winning. The judges love him the public love him, we love him :) lol

Joana

Good performance, stayed in.

Stephanie

Another huge improvement from last week. Stayed in.

Gael

Much better than last week (when he attempted U2- very brave). Stayed in

Valerie

Last week I was convinced that Valerie was the worst of the entire bunch. However this week she was brilliant. She did a song called caravane and I have to say that I liked her version way better than the version by Raphael who is a famous French singer whose album has been in the top 10 for months. a well deserved place in the 10 chosen

Dominique

Went through

Ahh was a good evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home