Wednesday, November 02, 2005

*singing* All by myself

It does seem to have become a bit of a habit me being all alone. First there was church on sunday, then work on monday and now this afternoon at work. Today almost the entire department have some kind of team building meeting thingy so aren't in this afternoon. Tuesday was a national holiday (so no work!!) but as a result most people took Monday off as well to give themselves a nice long weekend. So I'm getting quite used to having the office to myself. Makes it harder to be motivated to do work (really has been an effort) but at least it is nice and quiet. Another plus side is that I can sing along to the radio while I work!!! hee hee.

Monday evening as you know was haloween.
Haloween always sadens me. The celebration of goasts, witches, and generally evil things is so wrong. It is a blatant show of a disregard for God, by glorifying all that is not of him.

Although I hate haloween I have to admit I was quite impressed with the decorations I saw. First of all was dinner in the Oasis. They had the lights off and the room lit with loads of little floating candels in glasses on the tables. Our dinner was served out of a huge hollowed out pumpkin and all the napkins and stuff were all haloween themed.
After dinner a few of us headed down to the pub. O'donnals as well had fully embraced the haloween theme. The pub was decked out like.. dunno must have been a graveyard. There were a ton of dry leaves on the floor, people dressed up in actually quite realistic costumes- gave me a shock when I walked in and saw the grim reeper sitting there! Despite the apauling sound effect CD they had put on we had a good evening.

On tuesday the only one of my plans for the day that I actually managed was sleeping in in the morning. I didn't actually get dressed untill about 15:30. Then I popped down to Elaine and Suzanne's room and managed to stay there untill about 12. We watched friends in french, and I realised I might have seen them too much as I sat there translating practically the entire episode into english from memory :)
Elaine and I sat and did a couple of crosswords and played call my bluff with her new dictionary. Elaine has a bizarre habit of collecting dictionaries. She had english, french, welsh, russian, briton (as spoken in brittany, france) of and probably some others as well I didn't see. But it's only because she is one of those people who just has a facination with words, what they mean and where they come from. I have to say that I agree with her. Elaine is great fun and it was so nice to have an intelegent conversation after my months of simple chatter (don't get me wrong, I love the chit chat but every now and then it is nice to have a conversation that stretches you slightly). So I had a thououghly enjoyable evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home