Monday, November 07, 2005

4 days to go

It was suprisingly hard to work out how many days it actually was until I'm back in England. Thing is, if I mark it by the number of sleeps do I include the sleeping I do on the ferry? (it being an overnight ferry and all). If I mark it by days do I include today? coz half of that has already gone!
Oh the dilema!!

I'm well excited though. It has been way too long since I cast my eyes round little old guildford, and I can't wait to see everyone. It smells a bit that so many of my friends are also away on placement so won't be there. But never mind.

So my weekend. Well I didn't do much out of the ordinary. Saturday I of course did my customary sleep in (really should tran myself out of that one!) then hit the shops. I actually managed to find myself some shirts. Now I know to all of you (bar my mother) this means very little. So let me explaine the ever so small problem I have with shirts. We all know that shirts tend to look really nice and smart and it normally a good idea to have a white shirt to pull out of interveiw, concerts and gerneral smart occasions. I love the idea of wearing shirts, I can just never find one that fits and that I like. I don't like having anything tight round the top of my arms. Cotton is fine coz it moves with you, but shirt material (mind blank on what that might be) just doesn't. also shirts have a habit of gapping between the buttons which really annoys me. So I found these fab shirts (well the same style in two different colours) wich feel fine round the arms and have little hock and eye fastenings so the holes are so small they don't have the chance to gape. And even better was that one of them was reduced!! yehey :)
On on my shopping trip I also got myself a CĂ©line Dion CD. And I must assure you she is much better in french than in english. Tis a pretty CD.

Sunday was church, then choir. At choir Armelle put forward a new song that she had hear at another church which turned out to be 'Come now is the time to worship' I happened to have the music with me so they had me playing the piano part over and over again while they learnt it. Big respect to concert pianists- I have no idea how you play for that long without your hand completely cramping up!! A nice bonus was that Benjamin brought his clarinet along so we had instrumental bits added as well.

Then after the rehersal Benjamin, Maria and I went to go and see Elizabeth Town at the cinema. It's really funny when you only understand half the joke (we saw it in french) so I imagaine it is even better in english, hee hee. Good fun. Though Benjamin is one of those people who talks all through films, not that I mind that- I myself am rather prone to doing it, but I had no idea what he was saying. Whispered french is impossible LOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home