Monday, November 21, 2005

Spiders and picnics

I have been meaning to write this entry since sunday afternoon, but for one reason or another it just hasn't made it onto the net until now.
I guess the main thing that can be said about life in Caen at the moment is that it is very cold! For several mornings there was been frost and ice on cars, I have also had to employ the services of my hat to keep my little ears from falling off with cold. I can well beleive that we might have a white christmas this year.

On sunday I found that the cold had show up some of nature's rather impressive engineering feets in a suprisingly beautiful way. So thin, so strong and so intricate that their design has been copied by the jewelery industry to for some of the most expensive peices around. I am of course talking about cobwebs! Each strand was shining with fost and glittering in the sun. I know that spiders have a habbit of getting everywhere but I had no idea that there were so many cobwebs on my way to church. They were so pretty. It was just another of those moments when I was just so impressed with how increddible the world that god made is.

Sunday lunch time was a wonderfully fun affair. Maria and Josine came round to mine and we all sat on the floor having a little picnic. It made a nice change for the three of us who normally end up eating alone. I was incredibly grateful that I had not only completely tidied my room the day before, but had actually finally gotten around to doing the pile of washing up that I had been hording for weeks. With only me eating and then only eating at weekends I can go for ages without needing to wash a plate (especially as I tend to end up eating straight from my saucepan). But as it was we were lucky and had plates to eat from.

PS. This post was (excuse the pun) post dated. real post date= 26th nov

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home