Monday, May 29, 2006

busy busy busy

OK So last week I did so much that I've split my entry in two. Saturday gets a whole entry of its own!!

Thursday was a bank holiday so I didn't get up to much during the day. However in the evening we had a party for Genevieve, who was leaving us to go back to Holland. Despite being initially forgotten by my 'lift' I got to Boris' in the end.
And boy was it a fun evening. We chatted, munched and sang. The singing started with Armelle handing round the words of a song that the choir did. We then worked our way round the room and got songs in a whole range of languages- french, english, german, breton, Creole. So many english worship songs have been translated into french that as we moved into singing other songs we cound sing them in several languages. Interestingly though in germany they often just sing the songs in english!!
Then Dolphin proposed a game of Mafia, and although there were a couple of changes it was played almost exactly the way that we play it in england. Now I don't know what phyco-analysts would have to say about it but I always find it mildly amusing that I have only ever played mafia in a group of christians!! lol.
I spent the rest of the weekend being refered to as the little Mafia- but it's just because they are jelous that I'm so good. Out of a group of almost 30 I only had a possible 3 victims left!! And there were only two mafia to start with. Ha Ha.

Friday was... quiet to say the least. Because of the bank holiday most people had taken the friday off as well so that they had a 4 day weekend. As a result there were two of us in my department (normally there are over 20). So I got to play my music out of the groovy speakers that our screens have- much nicer than headphones, and sing along :)

Saturday was a lovely day trip (see "Day tripper yeah" for more details), though it was a very long day.

Sunday was mothering sunday in france. The choir sang two songs, one of which was requested specially to accompany all the mummy's getting given a rose. It was a song that we have done a couple of times before, but we got such positive response. People loved it, and it was a really nice way of closing the service.
Sunday was also the Monico Grand prix (formula one) and what a race. I felt so bad for Kimi Raikkonen who was doing so well- untill his engine set of fire!! But Couthard got third!! I supported Couthard when I first started watching F1- mainly becasue he was the only brit in at that time. So I was dead chuffed to see him on the podium.

Sunday I also had a chat with Mum how told me that although my cousin Naomi is in Java (where that big earthquake was) she is fine.

Then we are at today. Well today's news is that firstly there will not be anyone coming from Surrey to take my place (so I officially finish on the 13th) and secondly that Helen has (finally) booked her tickets over here so will be coming to visit this weekend- so exciting.
OK well I'm off to try to get friday and monday off work so I can spend some time with Helen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home